Stiff Drink Runaway Billionaires #2 Arthur Duet #1 Billionaires in Disguise eBook Blair Babylon

Genevieve is a lawyer, not a babysitter, and certainly not a dog trainer. She is just about to become a full barrister, a British litigating attorney, when her law mentor dies unexpectedly. She is shuffled off to another barrister, one who’s nothing at all like her kind and decent former mentor, and then she is assigned the office’s worst case Arthur Finch-Hatten, six-feet and four-inches of ripped, loaded, hot English nobleman who is wasting his life and his inherited estate so audaciously that his younger brother is suing him for control of their family’s earldom. There is a darn good chance that Arthur will lose everything, even his crazed, badly behaved puppy.
Unless he shapes up.
Gen’s new boss hasn’t been able to convince Arthur to mend his ways. His uncle’s lectures haven’t had any effect on his depraved debauchery and lavish lifestyle.
The only way for Genevieve to make partner is to win Arthur’s case, and the only way to win his case and save his earldom is to keep him from spending his days hungover in bed and his nights pouring Cristal on drunk, naked women before flying off in his private jumbo jet to the next party.
Arthur is enough to make any woman need a stiff drink.
Stiff Drink Runaway Billionaires #2 Arthur Duet #1 Billionaires in Disguise eBook Blair Babylon
It's a little hard for me to explain how much and why I like books by Blair Babylon. As a general rule, I hate books with cliffhangers (please don't stop reading yet) but her stories are so compelling I just can't stay away from them and – this is important – she doesn't make you wait more than a few months for the next book. In the case of this story, the next book will also be the conclusion to Arthur and Gen story. Because I appreciate it when other reviewers mention a book has a cliffhanger I feel compelled to do the same but I implore you to give her writing a chance.Blair Babylon is a superb storyteller. Her writing is witty, funny, tear-inducing, snarky (at times) and she uses words that challenge my vocabulary. Her Billionaires in Disguise: Rae series (available now as one book that contains the entire story) remains one of my all-time favorite books. I loved it so much I even bought the paperback copy. Never before in my life have I spent $24.99 on a book but that's how much I loved that story and I had to have a copy for my keeper shelf.
Now for something about Stiff Drink. We met Arthur in Working Stiff (Casimir's story) and I have to say he didn't come off too well. (You don't need to read Working Stiff to enjoy Stiff Drink as it stands alone with no problem.) Stiff Drink contains several surprises about Arthur and we learn that not everything is as it seems.
Once I started reading Working Stiff I couldn't put it down. I fell in love with Gen's character, too. She's trying so hard to be British and give up the Americanisms that hamper her climb up the career ladder. Arthur is helping her with that project and they come to work very well together.
This story made me laugh out loud in several places and shed tears in others. This kind of reaction from me is exactly what I look for in a good book and Blair always delivers just what I need. I nearly forgot to mention that the sexual tension between Arthur and Gen is absolutely delicious!
I received an advanced copy of this story some time ago but I had a hard time making myself start it because I knew I wouldn't want it to end. I know that doesn't make too much sense but it's been a while since Blair's had a new full-length novel released and I just wanted to savor it. I'm so glad I learned about her books three years ago; I hope you will give them a try.
Product details
|

Tags : Amazon.com: Stiff Drink: Runaway Billionaires #2: Arthur Duet #1 (Billionaires in Disguise) eBook: Blair Babylon: Kindle Store,ebook,Blair Babylon,Stiff Drink: Runaway Billionaires #2: Arthur Duet #1 (Billionaires in Disguise),Malachite Publishing LLC,Fiction Romance Contemporary,Fiction Thrillers Espionage
People also read other books :
- Diabetic Cookbook Quick and Easy Recipes Diabetes Type 1 and Diabetes Type 2 Booklet Arlene Blake 9781520301754 Books
- Think and Grow Rich Napoleon Hill 9781518749964 Books
- Finding Hope A Nugget Romance Book 2 edition by Stacy Finz Literature Fiction eBooks
- Chasing Faith eBook Phar West Nagle
- Blind Faith (Audible Audio Edition) Ellen Wittlinger Eileen Stevens Audible Studios Books
Stiff Drink Runaway Billionaires #2 Arthur Duet #1 Billionaires in Disguise eBook Blair Babylon Reviews
I'll start right out by saying that I ADORE Blair Babylon's writing. Some might call that a bias, but I know what I like. I especially love that so many of her books are interconnected - this character knows that character, is involved with a 3rd character in another way... yet you can read any of the books (or sets of books about 1 character) as a stand alone, and never be lost. Really genius stuff.
Why do I mention this? Because "Stiff Drink" is written in the same world as the others. Arthur's story doesn't immediately make it clear that this is the case, but it is. Other stories already written have happened, but you don't know that when the story begins. It's flawlessly done, really. We met him briefly in a previous book ("Working Stiff"), but you don’t need to have read that one first. There’s no prerequisite, so to speak.
Arthur is an interesting guy. He seems to be a total degenerate playboy, taking advantage of his family name and fortune. He drinks like a fish, sleeps with every woman he meets, and his jet-setting exploits are constantly in the papers and on the internet. His younger brother has decided to sue him to try and take control of the family fortune and strip him of his title… and this is where the story begins.
Gen is interesting in her own right, because she’s working hard to earn her place as a Barrister in a prestigious British law firm, but she’s socially handicapped by the fact that she was mostly raised in America. The other “Baby Barristers” have a huge advantage because they don’t have to analyze English social norms and behaviors as much as Gen does, to fit in. She sounds too “Texas”, acts too “American”, no matter what she does. Even with a brilliant legal mind and outstanding education, she’s floundering. At the start of the book, her mentor at the firm has died, and she’s lost the one person who was on her side. All of his cases are being reassigned, and just as she feared, she’s been given the one really hopeless case Arthur.
The stage is set for a classic trope a young, innocent woman forced to try and improve the public image of a reprobate billionaire, her own career on the line if she can’t.
But this is a Blair Babylon book, so nothing is as simple as it seems. There’s Gen’s personal life and mysterious past trauma to complicate things in a big way, and Arthur isn’t exactly what he seems, either. All these issues play out slowly over the course of “Stiff Drink”, and by the end, we’re just dying to know what’s going on. We’ve had a hint of deeper, darker secrets, and they add extra flavor to what’s already an expertly-mixed cocktail of a story. While I’m not a fan of cliffhangers, I understand why there’s a second half the story is just too deep to try and confine it to one book, and like a good, stiff drink, one just isn't enough. I suspect most people would look at the length of the overall story and be intimidated. (On the other hand, since I read everything Blair Babylon I can get my hands on, I would have been excited – HAHA!)
I’m really excited to read the rest of Arthur and Gen’s story, and I think you will be, too. If you like romance with a touch of mystery, a healthy dose of humor and touch of heartache, you NEED to read this book, and then buy every other Runaway Billionaires and Billionaires in Disguise book by Blair Babylon you can get your hands on as fast as possible. You don’t need to have read ANY of them to understand or enjoy this book, but trust me you WANT to read them. “Stiff Drink” is a terrific addition to this literary world, and all the books complement each other beautifully.
On the other hand, if you don’t like to read sex scenes, shy away from stories involving past trauma, realistically flawed characters with deep motivations, conspiracies, violence, love and loss (I could go on and on)… you might want to find your reading entertainment elsewhere. But I’ll be right here, eagerly waiting for the next amazing story.
It's a little hard for me to explain how much and why I like books by Blair Babylon. As a general rule, I hate books with cliffhangers (please don't stop reading yet) but her stories are so compelling I just can't stay away from them and – this is important – she doesn't make you wait more than a few months for the next book. In the case of this story, the next book will also be the conclusion to Arthur and Gen story. Because I appreciate it when other reviewers mention a book has a cliffhanger I feel compelled to do the same but I implore you to give her writing a chance.
Blair Babylon is a superb storyteller. Her writing is witty, funny, tear-inducing, snarky (at times) and she uses words that challenge my vocabulary. Her Billionaires in Disguise Rae series (available now as one book that contains the entire story) remains one of my all-time favorite books. I loved it so much I even bought the paperback copy. Never before in my life have I spent $24.99 on a book but that's how much I loved that story and I had to have a copy for my keeper shelf.
Now for something about Stiff Drink. We met Arthur in Working Stiff (Casimir's story) and I have to say he didn't come off too well. (You don't need to read Working Stiff to enjoy Stiff Drink as it stands alone with no problem.) Stiff Drink contains several surprises about Arthur and we learn that not everything is as it seems.
Once I started reading Working Stiff I couldn't put it down. I fell in love with Gen's character, too. She's trying so hard to be British and give up the Americanisms that hamper her climb up the career ladder. Arthur is helping her with that project and they come to work very well together.
This story made me laugh out loud in several places and shed tears in others. This kind of reaction from me is exactly what I look for in a good book and Blair always delivers just what I need. I nearly forgot to mention that the sexual tension between Arthur and Gen is absolutely delicious!
I received an advanced copy of this story some time ago but I had a hard time making myself start it because I knew I wouldn't want it to end. I know that doesn't make too much sense but it's been a while since Blair's had a new full-length novel released and I just wanted to savor it. I'm so glad I learned about her books three years ago; I hope you will give them a try.

0 Response to "[TST]⇒ Read Free Stiff Drink Runaway Billionaires #2 Arthur Duet #1 Billionaires in Disguise eBook Blair Babylon"
Post a Comment